Saturday 18 August 2012

Success at the flower show!

Today was the annual Billingshurst Flower Show where for a mere 20p (!) people can showcase their very best fruit and veggies and flowers, and also handicrafts.  I entered three catagories this year, article of cross stitch, article of hand knitting (not double ply) and article of double ply hand knitting.  These are my entries:




It isnt clear from the pics but my cross stitch won third prize (bit annoyed actually considering first wasnt great.  Second had a lot of work on it though so deserved winner), and my Mo won second!  I was surprised about that actually but had a very nice comment 'So wanted to give this gold but technical detail in other exhibit had the edge!  Well done for originality!' I thought it would be way too simple to win anything so very chuffed.  My hat didnt win a prize, but I made it for mum who likes it so there we go.  It was a great pattern to knit too I really enjoyed it so that's the main thing.

Mo Farah is now being loved by the girlies, and is a nice reminder of this year's Olympics which we have enjoyed immensely.  I would chat some more but I am SO HOT and just can't anymore.  Thanks for looking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment